Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sweet Smells

My house smells so good!  I bought a Christmas candle at Target yesterday and it has three layers.  Each one is a different Christmas smell, I love it.  Today I bought this special candle holder.  You put oil on top and light a candle below it.  It makes the whole house smell so sweet.  Good smells put me in a good mood.  We also bought scented oils for different rooms in the house.  I always like my house to smell good.  It makes me instantly happy.

It's a cold and rainy day here in Southern California.  I'm cuddled up on the couch, researching my latest travel plans.  Tonight we're having dinner with my parents and going to see Tower Heist.  It's turning out to be a good day!

My current travel plans:
-December: Temecula for a weekend (wine tasting tour, oh yeah!) & I'm going to spend a week in D.C. to visit my wonderful sister and my two beautiful nephews (who I adore more than anything).
-January: Going to visit my grandparents for a weekend.  They live in Palm Desert.  My husband and I go once a year to visit them.  We love these trips to see them.
-February: Spending a weekend in Santa Barbara with another couple.  We are going to go to the mission and presidio there (among other things).
-April: Keeping my fingers crossed that my husband gets the week off when I'm on spring break.  We are debating between Seattle and New Mexico.  I'm leaning towards New Mexico, the land of enchantment.  I don't want to get too excited.  He has a hard time getting time off.
-June: Again, keeping my fingers crossed that he gets the days off at the end of June he requested.  Not quite sure where I want to go for that.  I'm open to suggestions.  It also depends on our funds.
-August: Hopefully spending a long weekend somewhere to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday.

Traveling is one of my greatest loves.  There is nothing like going to a new place and discovering it for the first time.  I'm so happy to be planning all these wonderful trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment