Sunday, November 20, 2011

AD #3 - Los Angeles

Another very busy weekend, but made some space for an adventure day.  We had our couple's club dinner on Friday, a King's game Saturday afternoon, and I had a book club party Saturday night.  It's been an insanely busy last couple weeks, but it's been so good for me.  It's been four weeks since my D&C and AF came yesterday.  I was so happy!
Anyways...today we decided to head to Los Angeles and some museums.  It was a very rainy day here in Southern California, but we thought that would make the day more fun.  My husband decided to show me "Occupy Los Angeles" before we got to the museums.  I don't really know the whole point of it, but they had tents set up all the way around City Hall.  It was insane!  I took a picture which shows just a small section.
On our way to the museums I also got to see...
This is on the list for a future day.  This is where the old Los Angeles Pueblo was located.  Now there are a bunch of historical buildings and Olvera Street, which has lots of shops and restaurants.
After some sightseeing in LA, we made it to our first stop..the La Brea Tar Pits.  "Rancho La Brea is one of the world’s most famous fossil localities, recognized for having the largest and most diverse assemblage of extinct Ice Age plants and animals in the world."  Not only are there some tar pits still there (some they are currently excavating) but inside the museum are all the specimens they have put together.
Hard to see the sign...
Wooly Mammoth
Tar Pits
After our visit here, we decided to walk in the pouring rain to the Peterson Museum.  It was a few blocks down the street.  We walked by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and got to see a piece of the Berlin wall that was in front of a random building.
LACMA
Berlin Wall
We went to the Peterson museum for Alex (my husband).  I like old cars, but he loves them.  The museum was really cool and it was the first time I'd ever been there.  We also had lunch inside the museum at Johnny Rockets.  We had a great time!
Batmobile & Batcycle
Front of the Peterson
On our way back on the "Magnificent Mile", we saw a sign for us!  I thought that was cute.
Famous "Magnificent Mile" Sign
Our lovely sign :]
The drive home was pretty crazy in the pouring rain.  But, it just made the day that more exciting!  We bought one souvenir today.  A rock pencil that Alex and I both got when we were younger!  It's amazing how one pencil can bring back so many memories.  Now I just hope we don't fight for who gets to use the pencil. :]


Our special rock pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment