Friday, November 18, 2011

Pity Party

Sooo...my 27th birthday was on Tuesday.  I was really planning on having a pity party for myself.  I don't really care for my birthday (never really have) and don't like to do anything for it.  I just feel it's another day in the year.  Well, it's hard to get away from, especially when you're a teacher.  Not only was it my birthday, but it was on a Tuesday this year (my move one week ahead date for my pregnancy).  I should have been 15 weeks.  I really hope I can forget how many weeks I'm suppose to be so I don't have to keep feeling like crap every Tuesday.
Anyways, I started my day feeling sad, because I wasn't going to celebrate moving ahead one week in my pregnancy.  I always struggle on Tuesday mornings.  I got to school and my boss called me to wish me a happy b-day.  We had morning prayer and another teacher said a prayer for me.  I started to feel better.  When I went to pick up my kids from the yard, I was surrounded by kids giving me their handmade b-day cards.  I never publicize my birthday.  They asked me when it was in the beginning of the year and remembered when it was.  Even my 5th graders remembered my birthday!  A parent I had last year brought my class in cup cakes!  It was very overwhelming, but in a wonderful way.  A student even brought me a bouquet of flowers.  I can't tell you how good those cards made me feel.  They were so full of love and instantly I felt better.  When I got to my room, my aide had made a b-day poster for me and had hung it up on my door.  All the kids had signed it.

The rest of the day went really well.  When I got home, I found a surprise on my pillow.  It was a bouquet of pink roses with a card.  My husband and I never get each other b-day presents.  I'm not into him getting my flowers either.  But today he did and I was happy for that.  He knows how I feel about roses since the miscarriage and pink is my favorite color.  It was such a sweet gesture.  The card he wrote to me was beautiful.  I would post it, but he would probably be embarrassed.
Notice the bite mark in the rose on the bottom?  That was one of the pups. :]  We went to dinner at Ruby's that night and had to buy 3 gallons of vegetable oil for a science experiment.  School duties never ever end.  It was a nice way to end the day.  I'm happy to say there was no pity party over here!  It was actually a really nice birthday and I'm so glad I got to spend it with people who make me so happy.
This was definitely one of the highlights of my day...peanut butter & chocolate shake!  Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment