Sunday, January 8, 2012

AD #10 - Dinners & Hermosa Beach

So, these are more like adventure evenings.  Friday night I had dinner with my book club.  This sounds normal to most people.  I don't really do the dinner with a bunch of girls thing.  It's totally out of my comfort zone, which is so good for me!  I joined this book club in August and only knew two of the girls in it.  I have made it to most of the meetings (we meet once a month) and have really enjoyed it.  I've been really trying to do different things in my life that I normally wouldn't do.  I have enjoyed meeting new people because of this.

Saturday night was more of an adventure.  There is a nurse who works with my dad and I have loved her since I was a kid.  My dad would take us to work and she would always play with us.  I always thought she was the funniest lady ever.  Well, she's been wanting to take Alex and I out to dinner, so Saturday night we finally did.  We took our parents with us and we met at her cute little house in Hermosa.  We spent some time there and got a tour.  Then we walked to the pier (about 15 minutes), most of which was on the boardwalk.  We had dinner at a little Brazilian Steakhouse.  The food was delicious.  We ate outside, so towards the end it got a little cold.  But not many people can eat outside in January and smell the ocean too.  I use to hang out in Hermosa all the time when I was in my early 20's and it had been years since we had been there.  There were so many new restaurants and stores, it felt like being in a new city.  We had an interesting walk home through a dirt path which she called "The Oregon Trail".  She's a really funny and unique lady.  It's always a good time when you hang out with her.  It was a really nice evening.  I'm glad I got to have two really nice dinners this weekend!  It was too dark to take pictures, so I just stole some pictures off the internet. :]
Image Detail
Image Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment