Friday, October 28, 2011

Things that Sting

I'm happy to say that I'm drinking my first glass of sherry since I found out I was pregnant.  The last glass I had was the night before I took the pg test.  I had just opened up a new bottle when I found out I was pregnant.  I was happy to give it up, but I'm happy to have it back.  Looking at the perks of not being pregnant.  Maybe that will be a post sometime.


Anways, I knew that there was going to be things that sting.  Just didn't expect so many in the last few days...blah...it's hard to stay so strong in front of everyone.


*Yesterday I had a parent conference.  The mom was nine months pregnant.  At the end of the conference, she asked me if I had children.  *Ouch* After I said no, she asked me if I wanted children.  *Double Ouch*  


*Tonight was my friend's daughter's birthday party.  My other friend was there with her baby.  I had a nice time, but it was hard.  While we were eating, the guy next to me talked non stop about his wife's pregnancy.  I'm sorry, but it hurts.  It just makes me remember what I don't have anymore.


*Sunday I'm going to visit a good friend and her newborn.  Again, it's going to hurt.  I'm overjoyed for her and can't wait to meet her baby, but it's not going to be easy for me.  I'm not ashamed about it either.  I can't help how I feel and I can feel sorry for myself every once in a while.


*Three women at my school are having babies in October and November.  I have to hear about it all the time and I just stand there and smile.  It sucks.


I know these are just a few things and I know that these sort of things will sting less and less.  But for now...I have to figure out how to get the salt out of my wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment